Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Want to See Americaaaaa!

If you've spoken to me at all within the past week, you've probably heard about my new goal!  That is to go to all 50 states!  Most items on my life list involve travel, and I saw a few videos from people who have done this and I knew it would be worth the time and the effort.  I'm not going to try and do this all in one shot, I'd like to do it over time and not just run over the state line and run back.  There are a lot of international places I'd love to visit as well, so if I can, I'd like to complete my goal in under 10 years.  I don't exactly have an endless amount of money so there will be gaps, haha.



I made my first trip specifically to fulfill this goal yesterday.  I drove a little under 3 hours to Lake Charles, Louisiana and spent a few hours there.  For some place so close, it definitely had it's own separate identity!  It was pretty old and very Southern, I loved it.  I would've enjoyed going to New Orleans, but it was a LOT cheaper to go somewhere closer (the grand total was around $60.  Gas and a meal.) and I still liked it.  So this is my current map I'm using to keep track.  I have a long way to go! (I'm not sure whether or not to include PA and NJ, because I literally ONLY drove through there from those airports.)

3 comments:

Joe said...

Awesome travel goal. I've been to 45 states so far. But my travel goal is a little crazier... I want to go to every county in the US and Canada. I'm 2/3 through the US and halfway through Canada.

Rachel said...

Hey Emma you crack me up! I'm excited to see where else you travel. Thanks for posting it on your blog! much love!

Sarah McM said...

I likey your map. I want one like it.