Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

I personally always enjoy reading year recaps, so I'm going to go ahead and recap the year in this blog.  A lot of these are cell phone pictures, so I apologize.


I went to four states I hadn't been to before (IL,LA,AR, and OK), bringing my state count up to 10!
In Arkansas

I saw some awesome shows! Wicked, Tegan and Sara, Miss Saigon, and Paramore



I joined the Sears family. 


I owned my first car (though it's rough trying to get rid of it!!)

                                      

My niece Dottie was born!!!!!!!

This is not the best picture of her, I just love it!

I got to watch Duggle become an adorable toddler.


I read over 20 books, which I hope to continue to do every year!


I went to the gym religiously for MOST of the year.

Don't remember why I took this...


I saw Sarah and Ryan graduate college!



I auditioned for Glee and nothing came of it, but I got a ton of votes and it was so fun!

Screenshot of my final vote count.  I felt loved!


I decided my next move would be to Glenview, Illinois.  I will be living with a family I adore (temporarily), in a place that is different from anywhere I've lived before.  I'm very excited to see what this adventure brings!!

Bean Reflection


Got to spend the holidays at home with the family, I was very lucky!



I'm an obscenely lucky human being, and I hope 2011 is half as awesome as 2010.  It wasn't a perfect year, I don't mean to imply that at all.  When I step back and look at a FEW of the highlights (this is just a small grab bag) of my year, I feel very privileged to have my life.  I don't deserve it!  I hope everybody has a great new year, and I encourage you to at least write down some highlights.  I guarantee everybody has a hand full of blessings from 2010.

I'm not huge on New Years resolutions, but I don't mind setting goals for myself.  I will read over 20 books (I'd like to be at 25) this year.  I will take some classes.  I will also see at LEAST two more states this year, but I'm aiming for 4.  I will continue to be active and not over eat.  I will have a good time and be responsible!  I will, I will, I will!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay go Emma! I should really blog more so I will do highlights probably tomorrow. You have inspired me! love ya! You are awesome and amazing and you do deserve every bit of your life! By the way, I miss you!

Mimi said...

Way to go, Emma...you're moving to the my state, but to the FARTHEST possible city away from me!! Six whole hours from Chicago??? Come on now. Ridiculous.

I love hearing about your life. Keep posting please. Hopefully I'll see you on this side of the country soon!

Kelsey said...

Go Emma! Keep up the state hopping - we are all jealous of you!

Kels